World news | The Guardian•May 21
Ebola: US ban on travellers from DRC, Uganda or South Sudan ‘not the solution’
A US travel ban for people coming from the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Uganda or South Sudan in response to the Ebola outbreak could make the situation worse, critics have said. He said: “Travel bans don’t stop viruses, they stop solidarity. ” The outbreak had been linked to 139 deaths and about 600 suspected cases in the DRC as of Wednesday, the World Health Organization said, plus two confirmed cases in neighbouring Uganda.